Spicy Chinese cold noodles, or Liang pi, are a delicious and refreshing dish perfect for hot summer days. Here’s a recipe for making this dish at home:
Ingredients of Chinese Cold Noodles:
- 1 pound fresh or dried Chinese noodles (thin or thick)
- Two cucumbers, peeled and julienned
- Two carrots, peeled and julienned
- Two green onions, thinly sliced
- Roasted peanuts, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Chopped cilantro – 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Two tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- tablespoon of chili oil – 1 pcs
- One tablespoon sugar
- Minced garlic – One tablespoon
- Minced ginger – One tablespoon
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions, then rinse them under cold water to stop cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl to make the sauce.
- Combine the cooked noodles, cucumber, carrot, and green onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the noodle mixture and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and sesame seeds.
- Serve the spicy Chinese cold noodles chilled or at room temperature.
- Enjoy your delicious and refreshing spicy Chinese cold noodles!